The favorite posts in 30 days
It’s quite amazing to watch this blog grow. Of the monthly 50,000 – 60,000 hits, between 1000-2000 hits a day originate from browsers. A further 200-300 hits a day originate via RSS-readers.
I pulled some stats and was amazed about the most popular articles in the last 30 days:
- OSX Time Machine backup to Synology DS107+: The all-time-favorite – many OS X users don’t want to buy a TimeCapsule just to do their backups. In this article I show you how to use your NAS or Linux server and achieve the same thing without splurging out on new hardware.
- The Friday Picture: Jailbait: SEX SELLS! This post receives the highest referral and search count from Google.
- ADSL: Significance of SNR and attenuation: If you are getting ADSL, you better make sure to understand what affects the quality of your line. This can mean the difference between 4mbps vs 512kbps.
- Yamaha YSP-4000 – surround sound bar: This must be my favourite gadget of 2008. A wireless 5.1 surround system which 42 speakers. Beats all cheap and even some midrange sounds-systems and works perfect with my PS3 and watching DVD’s / BluRay.
- NAS: Create your own caching proxy: Especially with the absurd bandwidth-costs in South Africa, you certainly want to avoid wasting it. The caching-proxy will at least ensure that you don’t burn your bandwidth-cap unnecessary by visiting the same websites.