Sony Home-coming revolution!!!
Sony has launched globally the Home social networking platform on the PS3 – to Sony it appears that globally means Europe, US and Japan.
The intention was to launch Home in every region with a PlayStation Network Store – this should have included South Africa. Sony however decided to piss off 45,000 PS3 users and is currently facing the outrage of the PS3 community.
Show us your support by posting to the following thread on the EU-forum.
Some notes to the ignorant (and there are plenty):
– There are approx. 45,000 PS3 users in South Africa alone
– We have our own local PS3 store
– We pay a premium for PS3 games (between 30-100% more than our European/US counterparts)
– We have been neglected with all PS3 online offerings (the PSN-store is an exception)
– We have a very strong online-community and some of the best FPS gamers are from SA
– We have been plagued by lag (and the ignorance by Sony/SterKinekor to provide us local gaming servers) – but we still kick ass against our 40ms-European counter parts.
– South Africa is a 1st world-country in a 3rd world continent.
– We have a superior banking infrastructure (is your ATM able to accept deposits, top-up your mobile phone, pay your bills, print statements, open accounts)
– We have pioneered in science and medicine (to all our overweight friends in the “richer” countries – you can enjoy your burgers, since we have pioneered in heart-transplants)
– We are the only country in the world having overcome huge political conflict and have overcome racism and established equality in a relative short time (have a look at the fall of the Berlin wall – East/West Germany is still struggling – although their people are from the same race and background).
– We are hosting the 2010 Soccer World Cup
– We are the best tourism place (Cape Town anyone?) in the Southern Hemisphere
PLEASE SUPPORT US – BY CLICKING HERE OR ON THAT FAT LOGO ABOVE!!!!
UPDATE – 13/12 23:00: Sony has listened and within a very short time resolved the problem – WELL DONE SONY AND EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED THIS INITIATIVE!!!